Wednesday 21 February 2007

Hannah Pidsley - Producer


I'm Hannah, the producer of Ted Hughes' Ovid. I found the script to this play in the "reduced items" bin at the RSC shop in Stratford, and bought it for 99p. I've always loved Ovid's Metmorphoses, and so when I read this script, I adored it straight away! I asked if any of my friends were interested in directing it, and Katy said she would... One night, very late when we'd both been at a party, she told me she had a concept: frame it by telling the story of Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath... I knew immediatly it would work, and that if anyone could pull it off, it was Katy...

I've loved doing this play; we have a wonderful cast and a great crew, and we've just had so much fun!

I have also produced Othello and Oleanna for Warwick Drama.

No comments: